-
March 14th, 2002, 06:04 AM
#1
Inactive Member
At the recent World Import Challenge I bought me a new toy. I had previously been using a clutchmasters stage 3. It lasted for maybe 2 months. Come to find out they are only rated for about 300 flywheel horsepower. Ooops! Needless to say I found myself with the help of mochanic changing out a clutch thursday night til 4 am putting in a temporary USED ACT extreme to get me by for the event. It held up nicely but I figured I had to go ahead and pick up a better clutch. To my surprise, clutchmasters was at the event. The rep was nice enough to take my stage 3 back and give me a 400 credit (I only paid 420) and he applied that towards my new clutch. It is downright awsome. It retails for 1500.00 but he gave it to me for 780.00 cash. I figured if many of the pros were using it, it couldn't be bad. Drivers Image for example said they were very please with the results and they dyno in at a little over 650 hp. It is totally rebuildable. The package includes the billet aluminum flywheel sfi approved, clutch, 2 kevlar disc or metal disc, and throwout bearing. The whole thing including the flywheel and clutch weigh a mere 14 lbs. Most people see about a .4 improvement in et's. I am probably going to put my car out of service for a while. It's going to be getting an 8 point chromoly cage, a new paint job, and the rats nest of wiring will be eliminated. Hopefully it will be in the 10's when it comes back. I have decided that the sleeved block will become a 2 Liter gsr instead of the originally planed stock bore. My turbo cams will be in as well on this next go around. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
March 14th, 2002, 12:44 PM
#2
Inactive Member
-
March 14th, 2002, 03:06 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
So, you are saying that he sold you the complete set-up for $1180.00 ($780.00 cash plus your $400 trade) ???
Who was the rep ??? Was it Chris Jewel ???
I hear that product is kick ass... and it is WAY cheaper than a Tilton.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks